Friday, November 18, 2016

Friday Finds


It's Fridayyyyyyy!

via GIPHY

I am pumped for the weekend. It's gonna be LIT. Do I sound cool yet? Here are some things that I am looking forward to and/or I found on the internets this week, that I feel compelled to share with you. You're welcome. 

1. One of my besties is flying in from Chicago tonight. Mags shared a room with me in our off-campus house in college and she knows me *too* well. Can't wait for wine, girl time, pillow talk and maybe a little Kenny G, eh Mags? 

2. Every Christmas-Eve-Eve (that's 12/23) my family sees a movie and goes out to dinner. This tradition was started as an excuse to get us kids out of the house while my mom stayed home to wrap presents. But now that we are all grown up, she joins us. It's just such a sweet, festive day and really marks the beginning of the Christmas/New Year's holiday week for us. This year, we are going to see Collateral Beauty. This totally has a Love Actually vibe (also stars Kiera Knightly) and just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I've watched this trailer like 17 times. (Shout out to my sister KK for discovering.)




3. All these beauties will be reunited on Tuesday night. I'm so excited for Thanksgiving, but mostly I am anticipating being with all my people for a few days! My sisters are flying home from NYC, and I am already plotting how I can sabotage their return to the city and make them stay longer!



4. I am going wedding dress shopping with said sisters and my mom on Wednesday! We are going to Cincinnati's bridal district, and I am just a little bit excited! I am hoping I can find what I want (simple, elegant, not expensive!), but I am nervous that I will not be able to pick a dress until I've checked out alllll my options. Mom, you ready for this marathon!? Liking some of these styles as inspiration. (I've surprised myself by liking a lot of off-the-shoulder dresses, but I think that is something that probably looks great on models and IRL is like "oh honey...no.")




1, 2, 3

5. I think we can all agree the Michelle Obama looks fabulous on the cover of Vogue. Imagine my surprise and delight when a few of my favorite things (MObama, Kate Middleton and skincare) collided as a result of her interview. Biotulin was apparently recommended to Michelle by none other than the Duchess of Cambridge herself. It's hailed as "organic botox" that you apply topically vs. injection. And, it's affordable! For as fabulous as both of these ladies look, it is on my "must try list." I added this to my "Makeup and Skincare Favorites" board on Pinterest. Check it out. 

6. Speaking of skincare, I tried dermaplaning for the first time yesterday. It. is. amazing. I honestly have a new face. I will of course (lucky you) dedicate an entire post to this topic - along with a great deal for my Cincy friends in the near future!  

7. Running a 10K on Thanksgiving Day and kind of excited about it. This time of year is the best running weather!

8. Already anticipating decorating my house for Christmas with an overzealous fervor. Out of respect for our Pilgrim ancestors, I will refrain until the Friday after Thanksgiving. Informal poll: Real tree or fake tree? Answer carefully. We may not be friends anymore if you choose the wrong one!

9. It's no secret that I am a true Anglophile. It's in my IG and Twitter bio people. So you know it's the real deal. As such, it will come as NO SURPRISE that I am OBSESSED with Netflix's new series: The Crown. Claire Foy, who plays a young Queen Elizabeth is outstanding. The sets and costumes are exquisite and the storyline - Elizabeth's early married years and subsequent ascension to the Throne - is fascinating. The struggle between the person, Elizabeth Windsor, and the monarch, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, is heart wrenching. I am already aching for season 2 to come out. 




10. I loved this tour of a New England town in the fall. Fall is by far my favorite season, so I am savoring all the crunching leaves and colorful trees as the season winds down and gives way to Christmas (it's own season) and Winter. 


11. The Biden/Obama memes are making my life. I can't get enough. 



Wishing everyone an happy weekend! 



1 comment:

  1. I want to hear about the dermaplanning! And definitely need to try this non needle like Botox but not!

    ReplyDelete