Thursday, March 7, 2013

Baby Shower Inspiration

I am so excited/thrilled/giddy to be co-hosting a baby shower for my cousin C at the end of the month. Her sister (also a Julie!) and I are just thrilled and have carefully planned a menu and other sweet details for the day. The invitations went out a few weeks ago for this gender neutral affair, so now I am in overload mode thinking about furniture placement, desserts and making the day as special as this Mama and bebe deserve!

invites via Invitation Box
Without giving away any details, I wanted to share some inspiration pics with you all! This Pottery Barn kids pillow was the inspiration for the nursery decor, so I decided to focus the colors on green, yellow, gray and white.

sweet alphabet printables in gender neutral hues via

Definitely making some pom-poms via

could you die over this dessert spread!? via

sweet and simple way to create a table runner via

adorbs via

yums via

Have you ever hosted a baby shower? Any tips? Tricks? I'm thinking mine will be a success simply because I'm doing the opposite of this...

Mar. 30th seemed SO far away when we planned this shower - I better get busy!

P.S. If you want to stay up to date on the latest baby shower inspiration, follow my "baby shower" board on Pinterest.

3 comments:

  1. oh my word... thank GOODNESS you opted to skip the cheetah bow + pregnant (shirtless) stomach. hahahaha dying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have attended a shower that was amazing - like the photos here and MORE! One of the things I loved was they had put together a recipe book with everything they served that day - all of the desserts and the punch, etc. It was so nice because everything was really yummy and it was a nice favor. They also included a little plant with a pennant banner staked in the plant as a favor. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post comes at a perfect time for me!! My sister is due in July and I need to get my act together and host a shower. Thanks for the inspiration! I'll definitely be checking back to see what kind of recommendations you get.

    ReplyDelete