Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday


It's Black Friday. I assume it's "black" because its akin to death for anyone in retail. I know for some people this day brings much excitement and great savings. For me, a normal-retail-loving-good-deal-seeking-working-girl, it's too much. I mean, I've just gorged myself on turkey, various starches, sugary carbs and red wine, so standing in the cold for hours and preparing to fight mobs of people is pretty unappealing. (By the way, can we talk about how this mayhem starts ON Thanksgiving this year!? Is nothing sacred!?!) That said, I can appreciate that some people have Black Friday traditions and some people are working to maximize their holiday budgets, purchase a new appliance, etc. To you, I say, "go get 'em. Don't get trampled! Don't be a trampler!"

So I am curious. Black Friday? No Black Friday? What are you up to today?

I'm at my parents house and will likely be in my pajamas for an unacceptable portion of the day. My morning will be spent reading the paper and sipping coffee and if I'm lucky my Dad will make me pancakes. 


This photo is from an interesting NYT op-ed, "Skipping the Stores on Black Friday," from 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment