Friday, September 21, 2012

Casual Friday

Welcome to Casual Friday: Autumn Air edition! The temperatures here have dropped noticeably, offering cool mornings and crisp evenings. For days on end we've enjoyed bright blue skies and pleasant temps. You can feel fall in the air! I adore this weather (for some reason it reminds me of tennis season in high school - possibly due to four years of gorgeous, cool, fall afternoons spent on the tennis courts?) and it seems self explanatory that fall is the best season.

Aside from the food and drink of the fall season, (hello pumpkin flavored everything. How I've missed you!) the fall wardrobe is positively the best. Boots! Need I say more? No, but I will! Light jackets! Scarves! Did I mention boots? Anyways, now that the weather warrants some layering and the trees are starting to fade from green to yellow, I would say AUTUMN is upon us. (Technically the autumn equinox is Saturday, if you're scientific like that.) This obviously warrants a fall inspired casual Friday!


Polka Dot Scarf, j.crew (my name is julie. And I am obsessed with polka dots)

Charlie Zip Boots, Indigo by Clarks (this boot is the thing fall strolls are made of)

Boucle Peplum Jacket, j.crew (the perfect, lightweight sweater/jacket! dress it up, dress it down. I have a feeling this guy would get a ton of wear. Also endorsed by v mac & cheese)

Paige Denim Skyline Skinny, Nordstrom (just bought these guys in this wash. to say these fit perfectly is an understatement! obsession)

Kendra Scott Danielle Earrings, Layla Grayce (a bold bright statement to spice up a simple, classic look!)

Legacy Colorblock Duffle, Coach (have you seen the Legacy collection!? These are the Coach bags you remember your mom carrying from the early 90's. I have to say, Coach got it right when they went back to the basics - a classic, high quality leather bag.  I've not even looked at Coach recently, but this season the Legacy collection has my eye!)

So, put me in this outfit, add a pumpkin spice latte and a cool breeze, and you've got yourself a nice little Saturday. I envision myself dining al fresco and exploring an antique mall in this number!

T.G.I.F Have a great weekend reader-friends!

P.S. Please excuse my absence. Lots of "stuff" going on in my world right now (so annoying when bloggers vaguely allude to stuff, I know). Can't wait to tell you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment