Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I like big books

...and I cannot lie. Ha. So on Sunday I was at Burlington with my mom (thinking about turning into a professional picker, btw. Looking at old junk for hours on end is my thing) when she spotted this box of vintage children's biographies. I wasn't too gung-ho about picking up an old copy of Hellen Keller and Winston Churchill's biographies. But then, savvy shopper that she is, she removed the covers to unveil a beautiful set of pastel colored books. We snatched them up for $20 (yep, we got a deal!) and I couldn't get them home and my bookshelf fast enough!

Happy with my purchase!!!

Everything you ever wanted to know about Robert Louis Stevenson and John Audubon, eh?

so pretty all in a row!

styled on my bookshelf!

What do you guys think? Do you love them as much as I do? Who went to Burlington this weekend? Stay tuned for a few other fun purchases from Burlington this week!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE those books (for their looks and their content). They look cheery and colorful on your shelf and they will always remind me of our fun day!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!! so beautiful :) Vintage books are seriously some of the best accents - fun and functional!

    ReplyDelete