Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wined & Dined

Before I left for vacay, I scheduled a little dinner partay with my girlfriends for my return. I thought a hump-day dinner party was just the thing to get me out of my post-vacation blues. I was right! It was perfect to see my friends after being out of town, and we enjoyed wine and good eats.

Of course, having been home for just two days, I kept it simple, simple, simple! A fresh salad and a pasta dish were easily prepared after work. 



Sundried Tomato & Artichoke Pasta

You will need:
1 package whole wheat penne
1 jar sun dried tomatoes (I used Trader Joe's)
2 cans of artichoke hearts, drained
2 cups baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
garlic, to taste (I like garlic, so I load it in!)

Cook pasta according to package directions and bring remaining ingredients to a simmer in a saute pan. (The oil from the sun dried tomatoes eliminates the need to add any olive oil to the saute pan.) Once pasta is cooked, mix in veggies and enjoy! 

Happy Hump Day!

1 comment: