Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Avocado & Grapefruit Salad

Last week I dined at Enoteca Emilia for the first time and there were way too many items on the menu that I wanted to try. One that caught my eye, but I didn't get a chance to sample was the Avocado & Grapefruit Salad. It stuck with me all week, so decided to try my hand at creating my own. 

It is the most refreshing, delish perfect summer salad! 

To make one for yourself, you'll need: spring mix salad, half a grapefruit, half an avocado, sliced turkey (I used Boar's Head), feta and the smallest drizzle of balsamic dressing. (Yes, I suppose you could make your own, but I love Cardini's.)

 


Spread the desired amount of spring mix over your plate. Shred the turkey slices and mix into the salad. Slice the avocado and grapefruit and spread over the plate. Garnish with desired amount of feta cheese and add a very modest drizzle of balsamic dressing. 

Voila! The prefect summer salad!


Cincy readers, if you have not dined at Enoteca Emilia, you absolutely must do so! 
I enjoyed the shrimp and scallop skewer and the quattro formaggio pizza with truffle oil. Both were amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment