Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Industrial Chic

I'm not sure when the pallet table (also known as a factory cart table) trend really gained momentum (two years ago?), but today retailers are offering a variety of pallet table styles at various price points. Personally, I rather enjoy the industrial vibe and fabulous texture that a pallet table can lend to a room. 

As you may know, stores like Restoration Hardware, Arhaus and Pottery Barn sell these tables for a pretty penny. (100,000+ pretty pennies, if you want to get specific). So imagine my delight when I stumbled upon this lot of pallets (actual factory pallets) at Burlington this weekend. I went bananas. 1) These things were straight from an old, local factory. The printing on the side said even said Cincinnati, Ohio! Please get more personal and cool. 2) They were $400. (I knew I wasn't in the market to spend $400, so I didn't try, but pretty much everything at Burlington is price negotiable. I bet you could have gotten it for $350.) 

Piles of pallets at Burlington. Do you understand how much I wanted to buy this guy, clean him up & take him home!?

Here are some pretty spaces that incorporate a pallet table. You might not expect it, but it's a surprisingly versatile piece. Look at the different type of spaces (and the different styling options) where these tables look lovely! 


Source

(Be still my inner anglophile.)

 Love the look in white! So fresh!


Adding a piece of glass for durability is a great idea!

Love seeing it styled with a wired basket.

If you're really loving this look, there are lots of options to be found online - including dozens of tutorials for making your own pallet table (Like this one from Blissful Bee). If you are remotely handy, this looks like the way to go. If you are like me, (i.e. least-handy-gal ever) here is a sampling of options:

Tierney Coffee Table, Arhaus $899


Factory Cart, Restoration Hardware $1045


 
Glass Top Factory Cart, Restoration Hardare $1395

Industrial Maison Coffee Table, Home Decorators Collection $429

Factory Cart Coffee Table, Lamps Plus $990


So what is your take on the pallet table? Love it? Hate it? So-so? Do tell! 

1 comment:

  1. With two padded Double handle satchel bags for comfort while you drag around your items, this White leather shoulder bags is a favorite in the spring.

    ReplyDelete