Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Balsamic-Glazed Salmon

Sometimes, I cook. Last night I cooked Balsamic-Glazed Salmon fillets. They were delicious, so I'm sharing the recipe with y'all. I was inspired to cook salmon because Atlantic salmon filets are buy one, get one free on Tuesdays at Fresh Market this month. I chose this recipe because I had everything on-hand and it was easily whipped up in just 30 minutes. 


You will need 1 lb. salmon fillets, 4 cloves garlic, 1T white wine, 1/3 c. balsamic vinegar, 1T honey, 4T dijon mustard, salt and pepper to taste, 1T chopped fresh oregano.


1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees

2. Add a drop of olive oil to a small sauce pan and cook garlic until soft (2-3 minutes). Combine white wine, honey, balsamic vinegar, mustard and salt and pepper. Simmer for a few minutes until slightly thickened. 

3. In a glass baking dish lined with aluminum foil, coat salmon filets generously with glaze, sprinkle with oregano and bake for 14-18 minutes or until flaky. 


I used the extra glaze to coat some broccoli which I roasted while the salmon baked. I also had some sweet potatoes on-hand as well, so I put them in the oven about 20 minutes before putting the broccoli and salmon in (don't forget to poke holes in the potatoes with a fork before you put them in the oven).



And voila! A quick, simple weeknight meal. 



1 comment:

  1. Looking for the right Embossed Python handbags can be confusing. There are several of Double handle handbags you can find in the CWMALLS.

    ReplyDelete