Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Farmhouse Tables

I've always had a weakness for wooden farmhouse tables. There is something so classic and simple about them that really appeals to me, and I love the idea sharing meals around a sturdy, weathered table. Farmhouse tables also offer all kinds of versatility when it comes to styling them within a space. If you follow my Pinterest "Interior Design" board (which you should, because I obviously have excellent taste) you'll see that I have particular weakness for a farmhouse table with eclectically selected seating. However it may be styled, I think a farmhouse table is in my future! Aren't they  beautiful?

Source
Source
Source
 Source
Source
(I kind of die over this one in particular)
Source
Source
Naturally, I started scouring the internet for a hypothetical future farmhouse table for my imaginary dining room/large eat-in kitchen. Here are a few picks I'm loving. 

I fell in love with this French Country Dining table from Wisteria after I saw it as the backdrop for Modern Eve's beautiful Easter Brunch. She was nice enough to let me know its origin and I've been coveting it ever since. It's kind of a perfect balance of casual and elegant, don't you think? (It is pictured with all its leaves, so it looks a little long here, but it's easily shortened.)

This English Pine farmhouse table from Cottage Home Maine is another fave. From poking around this website, you can tell these tables are hand-carved and high quality. The site also lets you select your table base style, wood stain and/or paint color for a highly customized table. 
Finally, this Casual Country Dining Table from Home Decorator's Collection makes my day with its beautiful lines and modest price tag. Built from solid oak with a gray finish (it almost has a white-washed effect) this is another top contender.

So, what are your thoughts on the farmhouse table reader-friends? Yay? Nay? 
(All images via my Pinterest account, but sources back to original sources or origin.)

1 comment:

  1. I saw here a lot of styles and designs that you can choose from depending on your needs and budget. You may take a quick look at online stores and websites of local stores around your area.

    Farmhouse table

    ReplyDelete