Thursday, March 1, 2012

Winter Skin Savers

I don't know about you guys, but in the colder winter months, (even this year with our mild winter) my skin is all kinds of dry! Something about the cold and wind just sucks up all that moisture. And let's face it, dry, itchy, scaly skin is...gross.  Even though we're rounding the corner on winter and moving into spring, I thought I would share a few of my favorite products for keeping my skin protected against that nasty Jack Frost! 



1. Neutrogena Body Oil, Light Sesame - Hello, lover! I may not be exaggerating when I say that I could not survive winter without this stuff. Keep it in the shower and rub* a few drops over your legs and arms before you dry off to lock in the moisture. Lightly pat dry and your silky smooth skin will thank you.
*I converted one of my very dear reader-friends to this product earlier in the winter months, and she had the bright idea to pour a little of the body oil into a spray bottle to keep in the shower. This makes the application process a breeze. Simply mist on and pat dry. Brilliant!


2. Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, Fragrance Free - It took me a. long. time. to commit to one brand of body lotion. I was all about Nivea, then I switched to Dove, then I went to Vaseline. Nothing stuck until I tried Cetaphil. It packs some serious moisturizing punch without feeling greasy or thick when you apply. This is a year-round must for me.


3. Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream* - Dry hands are the worst. Repeated washing and drying of throughout the day can cause serious dry skin. Have your hands ever been so dry that they cracked? Ouch. I won't lie, this stuff is thick and greasy, but once you let it absorb, your hands will thank you for it. I like to put it on when I sit down to watch The Bachelor and Keeping Up with the Kardashians educational documentaries. 
*Looks like there is now a "Fast Absorbing Formula" version of this. Has anyone tried?  


4. Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil - With dry hands come dry cuticles + nail beds. If my cuticles + nail beds are dry, I start to pick and pull at them. If I start to pick and pull at them...it's not pretty. I actually keep a bottle of this in the cosmetic bag in my purse (make sure the cap is on tightly). I swipe some on at my desk, in my car (while stopped. safety first, obv.) while watching TV, before I go to bed. It's addicting. You've been warned.


5. Purest Palm Body Brush - I use this scratchy fella just before I get in the shower to get rid of any dead skin cells and  liven up my skin. In the past I've used a body wash with exfoliator or other salt scrub exfoliators while in the shower. I think using one on dry skin makes a bigger difference. Is it mental? You be the judge! 


The best thing about these products is that you don't have to break the bank to pick up the whole bunch! Does anything peeve you more than reading rave reviews for moisturizers and creams that cost as much almost as much as a car payment? So, dish! What are your favorite skin savers???

P.S. Sending some blog lovin' to my Daddio today! It's his birthday. This picture pretty much sums up why I love him. He photo-bombed this picture of my sister Kate and I on Thanksgiving. We were all posed and ready to take the shot and he came from around the corner and inserted himself. Love you Dad! xoxo


1 comment:

  1. Love the blogger. Thanks for the birthday treats

    ReplyDelete