Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Look for Less!

Last week I shared a few of my Olioboard creations with you all, and I mentioned that while I love building a dream room with no thought to budget, (what's a budget!?) it isn't really real life. And since I really like to, oh you know, maintain my credit score, this champagne-taste-on-a-beer-budget lady is always lookin' for a deal. As a refresher, here are the two design boards...

 

Armed with only my iPhone4 camera (can you handle this professional photography!?) I hit up my local TJ Maxx, Home Goods and Pier One to see what I could find. My random visits turned up some surprisingly close matches!


While the lamp with the green drum shade wasn't used on either of the boards pictured, I did use it when playing around on another board. Can you believe how similar the looks are on these lamps!? Granted, the $59 Home Decorators Collection lamp is still a gorgeous lamp for a steal, but the point is that you can achieve a similar look for $30 less! 


The mirror finds aren't quite as close as the lamp finds were - but the Home Goods finds still offer some of the same great texture, shape and graphic elements that the Zinc Door mirrors offer. If you're a real stickler about exact matches, how 'bout these guys?

2. Rhona Round Gilt Mirrors, Set of 3, $149

Unfortunately, I can't provide sources for the in-store items, as every store has unique merchandise. My best tip is to be patient and check your local stores on the regular. Don't settle for something that is "okay" for your space just because it's there, or you'll end up with a lot of stuff (and if there's one thing design hates, it's clutter)! 

Click here to view my Olioboards, which include sources to all items.

P.S. Mad love to Zinc Door! I seriously LOVE all their stuff and aspire to owning a roomfuls of it. Until then, to Home Goods I go!


No comments:

Post a Comment