Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Look for Less - Spring Stripes

Springy stripes are everywhere this season! I especially loved the J.Crew Lemlem Smocked Shirt when it appeared in my inbox Monday morning. I do not love the $188 price tag! While it's not outrageous-outrageous, it's definitely out-of-reach for my budget. I mean, I could put together an entire ensemble for $188! I was never very good at math, but: 1 sweater < entire ensemble. Here it is in all it's preppy, stripey, chicness. 


Lemlem Smocked Shirt (playing hard to get)

Never fear though! I've got oodles of preppy + stripey + chicness that won't break the bank!
4. H&M Cardigan, $69.95

As you can see, there are plenty of fun striped options out there for spring that won't break the bank. I already own the LOFT Boat Neck Sweater in yellow (I scored it during a weekend promo for $25!) but if I had to pick a second favorite, I think the TopShop Tie Dye sweater would be it. Its lovely pastel hues and blurred lines won me over! 

Of note, the Lemlem collection from J.Crew benefits handwoven artists in Ethiopia, so if you love the look and it's in your budget, you'll be helping out a good cause with your purchase! 

What striped looks have you picked up this spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment