Thursday, March 29, 2012

Euro Trip!

"Bon Voyage mes amis!" How did that sound? I've been pretty busy brushing up on my French and busting out my faux Brit accent as of late. That's because six months from today I will be on day-one of a 15-day European vaycay!!! Earlier this month, my aunt asked me travel with her to Europe to celebrate a big birthday. (I am still pinching myself! It's the best question anyone has ever asked me!) As you can imagine, I said, "oui! oui!" straight away.  

But wait, there's more...It's a cruise. An immersive wine cruise, to be specific. (Seriously? Dream vacation much?) So now that I'm officially wine-ing my way through Europe with 3 of the best travel companions a girl could ask for, I've been busy scouring the internet for every detail I can get a hold of, from our accommodations to information on the cities of port. And natch, I started a "Euro Trip" pinboard!  


I've been to London, where we'll spend 2 days prior to our departure, twice before (it made me a bit of an anglophile). But all the stops on the cruise (Paris and Bordeaux, France, Bilbao and Vigo, Spain and Porto, Portugal) are all new to me! I'll be sharing more detailed posts on our excursions, must-see sites, shopping and eats for each city in the coming months. But for now, here's a little eye candy and a visual preview of the trip!
London Eye + our London hotel (Marriott Country Hall) via
Afternoon tea @ Claridge's (one of my favorite English experiences!) via


Tower Bridge, London via
London city streets, via
Claridge's Tea Room via
Bordeaux, via
Parisian Cafe via

Bordeaux via

Notre Dame via
Eiffel Tower via 
Bordeaux Vineyard via
Vigo, Spain via
Bilbao, Spain via
French wines, via


Porto, Portugal via
Heavenly, no? Have any travel rec's or tips? Any must-eat or must-see sights? I'd love to hear from you!

P.S. You know I will subject you to packing lists too! (I mean, you don't go to Europe poorly dressed, am I right?) 

1 comment:

  1. I was just in Paris last month for a surprise birthday trip - I have so many great restos to recommend - check them out here - http://www.dooleynotedstyle.com/2012/02/for-love-of-weekend-getaway-paris.html

    ReplyDelete